Get ready NSW, the NSW State Government has announced a new, fast relief grant, to help small businesses affected by COVID-19.
The NSW Government will put $750 million into the Small Business Support Fund as the centrepiece of a third wave of support measures to keep small businesses afloat.
“This is about getting cash into small businesses when they are struggling right now in the face of an unprecedented situation,” Ms Berejiklian said.
These grants will provide a big boost, and we will make the application process easy to ensure small businesses can receive some cash-flow as soon as possible to meet pressing needs.”
Eligible businesses with fewer than 20 employees can apply for a grant of up to $10,000.
To be eligible businesses will need to:
• Have between 1-19 employees and a turnover of more than $75,000;
• Have a payroll below the NSW Government 2019-20 payroll tax threshold of $900,000;
• Have an Australian Business Number as at 1 March 2020, be based in NSW and employ staff as at 1 March 2020;
• Be highly impacted by the Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order 2020 issued on 30 March 2020;
• Use the funding for unavoidable business costs such as utilities, overheads, legal costs and financial advice;
• Provide appropriate documentation upon application.
Applications are now available online through Service NSW and remain open
until 1 June 2020. To apply online: CLICK HERE
“This is another generous initiative from the NSW Government which is trying to support businesses and their employees as best they can through these unparalleled times,” said Business NSW Chief Executive Stephen Cartwright.
This grant is specifically designed for smaller businesses and hopefully, together with the Federal Governments other stimulus packages, will help keep doors open and staff in work.
If you need any further advice, please contact the DIAA on [email protected] and we will do what we can to assist.
Any specific requests or questions you’d like us to address, please contact us and we will research it for you.
Dive Industry Association of Australia
NSW Service Grant Information: https://www.nsw.gov.au/your-government/the-premier/media-releases-from-the-premier/10000-grants-to-provide-fast-relief-for-nsw-small-businesses-battling-covid-19/
Jobkeeper Stimulus details:
NSW Business: https://www.businessnsw.com/